1.14.2010

Gravel 2-3

Gravel Volume 2 continues in the series of rare and ultra obscure garage rock from the 1960s with more unreleased acetates, more hard to find sides and more regional garage rock (from locales like Florida and New York) that have been compiled on other garage rock comps that have since no doubt gone out of print.

There are some true obscurities here that even garage rock collectors may not have heard but obscurities which aren't just being collected for rarities sake. Both the garage rock collector and the garage rock novice should really give these a listen for those few songs which they really need to have in their collection.

This collection on Kumquat May Records, like Volume 1 in this series, is limited to only 500 copies, and while it again is hard to figure out what is rare and what has been compiled before due to the lack of any liner notes, it can be said that most garage comps of this nature give even less information that the Gravel series. Listed with each track to help us out is the band, where the band is from, the song title, and the release label... Gullbuy

1. Epic Five - I Need Your Lovin'
2. Something Else - I Can't Believe
3. Satins - Get Out Of My Life
4. Us Too - I'll Leave You Crying
5. Sounds Unlimited - Cool One
6. Motion - The Thief
7. The Aztecs - What Mood
8. Sloths - Makin' Love
9. Branded "X" - Society And Me
10. Hyperions - The Truth Always Hurts
11. The Lime - Love A Go Go
12. Chaparrals - It May Be My Fault
13. The Aardvarks - I'm Higher Than I'm Down
14. The Staffs - Another Love
15. The Trolls - Are You The One
16. Vectors - What In The World
17. Wild-Ones - Just Me
18. Try-Angle - The Writing On The Wall
19. Bondsmen - I Don't Want Your Lovin' Anymore
20. Conner Family - A Lesson In Love
21. Next Step - I Said No
22. The Edicates - She's Gone
23. Sounds Unlimited - Nobody But You
24. Witness Inc. - Not You Girl
25. The Changing Tymes - You Make It Hard
26. The Destiny's Children - The Fall Of The Queen
27. The Baroque Brothers - So Glad I Was
28. Casuals, Incorporated - I Realized
29. The Changing Tides - Don't Say Good-Bye
30. The Trackers - You Are My World
Gravel Volume 2


1. Dick St. John - You Know What I Mean
2. The Striders - Am I On Your Mind
3. Last Words - She'll Know How
4. Inferno 5 Plus 1 - I Can Take It
5. The Infinitives - Heidi
6. Jack & The Beanstalks - Don't Bug Me
7. The Chosen Few - Get In On Life
8. The Chessmen - Love Didn't Die
9. The Sands Of Time - Red Light
10. Pentagons - About The Girl I Love
11. The Stitch In Tyme - Point Of View
12. The Surrealistic Pillar - I Like Girls
13. The Timetakers - At Least I'll Try
14. The Nocturnals - Because You're Gone
15. The Outer Limits - Walkin' Away
16. The Kingz English - Doctor Hunger
17. Citations - The Day That She'll Go
18. The WordD - You're Gonna Make Me
19. The Yo Yo's - The Raven
20. The City Zu - I'll Find Another
21. Chaz & The Classics - Girl Of The 13th Hour
22. Dalek: The Blackstones - Never Feel The Pain
23. The Crucibles - Beware Of Birds
24. The Shaprels - A Fool For Your Lies
25. The Esquires - Cry Is All I Do
26. The Gestures - Run, Run, Run
27. The Jury - Please Forget Her
28. The Groop Ltd - As Time Goes By
29. The No-Na-Mee's - Gotta Hold On
30. Sugar Cube Blues Band - My Last Impression
Gravel Volume 3

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the Gravel. I'm really diggin' these. Much appreciated, roger